It figures to be a low-scoring affair as the Stanford Cardinal (16-9, 5-7 Pac-12) travel to Washington to play the Huskies (12-14, 2-11 Pac-12). Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020, and can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Stanford Cardinal vs. Washington Huskies Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Huskies fell to the UCLA Bruins, 67-57, while the Cardinal were defeated by the Arizona Wildcats, 69-60.
Stanford held Arizona to an effective field goal percentage of 0.398 (below their season average of 0.522) while Washington had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 27.1). Isaiah Stewart was a key piece for Washington with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Stanford, meanwhile, was led by Bryce Wills, who had 25 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Oscar da Silva led the Cardinal to a 61-55 victory. He put up 11 points and seven rebounds. The Cardinal’s 20.4 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Huskies, who had a mark of 25.0.
Points could be at a premium in this showdown between a pair of the NCAA’s best defenses. Washington currently ranks 54th in defensive efficiency (94.5) and Stanford is 10th (89.5).
Stanford Cardinal at Washington Huskies Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – Stanford, O/U – Under
- Stanford ranks 21st in assists allowed per game (10.1) while Washington ranks 211th (14.0).
- The Huskies rank 182nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while the Cardinal rank 231st (19.4).
- The Huskies rank second in blocks allowed per game (1.8) while the Cardinal rank 133rd (3.6).
- Stanford ranks 83rd in steals per game (7.1) while Washington ranks 160th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Cardinal have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (7.9 above their season average).
- The Huskies have been outscored by an average of 7.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 4.0 points.