The St. Louis Blues and the Dallas Stars are set to clash at the American Airlines Center in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semis. NBC Sports Network will broadcast the game, and the action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, April 29.
St. Louis Blues vs. Dallas Stars Odds
Dallas (-120) is currently favored over St. Louis (+100), and the oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at 5 goals. The odds for betting that total sit at -120 for the under and +100 for the over.
St. Louis is 50-40 straight up (SU) and has earned 2.4 units for moneyline bettors this season. 47 of its matches have gone under the total, while 37 have gone over and just six have pushed. As the away team this season, the Blue Notes are 24-20 SU.
The Blues’ offensive attack attempted 31.6 shots per game in the regular season, leading to 3.0 goals per contest (ranked 14th overall in the NHL). In the postseason, the team’s managing an average of 29.8 shots on goal 2.6 goals per game.
After a regular season where they converted 21.3 percent of all power-play opportunities (the eighth-best in the NHL), the Blues have connected on 23.1 percent of their extra-man advantages in the postseason. Their penalty kill has gone from 81.3 percent in the regular season to 77.8 percent in the playoffs.
With a .905 save percentage and 25.1 saves per game, Jake Allen (19-27-8) has been the top option in goal for St. Louis this year. If head coach Craig Berube chooses to rest him, however, the team might turn to Jordan Binnington (29-11-2 record, .923 save percentage, 2.03 goals against average).
Dallas is 48-42 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 1.1 units this year. Through 90 regular season outings, 51 of its games have gone under the total, while 27 have gone over and just 12 have pushed. This year, the team’s 26-18 SU at home.
The Stars have converted on 20.8 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s good enough for 10th-best in the league. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked fifth overall, and it’s successfully killed off 83.9 percent of all opponent power plays.
Ben Bishop (27.6 saves per game) has been the top option in goal for the Stars. Bishop has 33 wins, 21 losses, and three OT losses and has registered a strong .935 save percentage and a solid 1.99 goals against average this year.
St. Louis Blues vs. Dallas Stars Betting Predictions
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Blues, O/U – Under
- Five of Dallas’ last ten outings have been decided by two or more goals. The club is 4-1 overall in those games.
- The Blues are 24-21 when they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 37-27 in games where they’re in the box for fewer than 10 total penalty minutes.
- St. Louis is 3-3 in games decided by a shootout this season while Dallas is 1-2 in shootouts.
- For both of these teams, the over has hit in three of their past five matchups.
- St. Louis skaters have averaged 7.6 giveaways over its last five home games, right in line with its season average of 7.5 giveaways per game (the third-fewest in the NHL).
- Dallas is ranked 28th this season with 12.3 giveaways per game. That figure has improved lately, however, as the team’s averaged 10.9 giveaways over its last 10 games and 10.8 giveaways over its last five.