David Perron, Ryan O’Reilly, and the St. Louis Blues are set to face off against Tyler Seguin, Miro Heiskanen, and the Dallas Stars at the American Airlines Center for a divisional matchup. The action gets going at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21 and it can be seen live on Fox Sports Southwest Plus.
St. Louis Blues vs. Dallas Stars Odds
Moneyline and Over/Under (O/U) odds have not yet been posted for this matchup.
Dallas is 35-25 straight-up (SU) and has netted 5.7 units for moneyline bettors this season. That winning percentage, ranked fifth in the NHL in this young season, is an improvement over the 43-39 record from the 2018-19 season campaign. Out of the team’s 60 regular season outings, 36 of them have gone under the total, while 21 have gone over and just three have pushed. The team’s 18-11 SU at home this year.
The Stars have connected on 21.6 percent of their power play chances this season, a mark that’s good enough for 10th-best in the NHL. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked 14th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 81.5 percent of all penalties.
Averaging 27.6 saves per game with a .925 save percentage, Ben Bishop (23-17-4) has been the top goalkeeper for the Stars this year. If the Stars decide to give him a rest, however, head coach Rick Bowness may turn to Anton Khudobin (14-10-10 record, .927 save percentage, 2.33 goals against average).
St. Louis has lost 1.7 units for moneyline bettors this year and is currently 34-27 straight up (SU). Through 61 regular season outings, 30 of its games have gone over the total, while 28 have gone under the total and just two have pushed. The Blues are 14-16 SU as the visiting team this season.
The Blues have converted on 23.9 percent of their power play chances this season, a figure that’s good enough for fifth-best in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 15th overall and it’s successfully killed off 80.3 percent of all opponent power plays.
Jordan Binnington (26.1 saves per game) has been the primary option in the net for St. Louis. Binnington has 26 wins, 18 losses, and seven OT losses to his credit, and has registered a .911 save percentage and 2.60 goals against average this year.
St. Louis Blues vs. Dallas Stars Free Picks
Free NHL Pick: SU Winner – Blues, O/U – Under
- Power plays and penalty kills could prove to be extremely important in tonight’s game. The Blues are 14-7 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 27-18 when they serve fewer than 10 total penalty minutes. The Stars are 12-8 when they serve fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 20-18 when they’re in the box for less than 10 minutes.
- Dallas is 2-2 in games decided by a shootout this season while St. Louis is 1-3 in shootouts.
- The total has gone under in three of St. Louis’ last five games.
- One of the best at taking care of the puck, St. Louis is ranked third this season with just 7.7 giveaways per game. That figure has trended down recently, however, as the team’s averaged 6.6 giveaways over its last 10 games and 6.8 giveaways over its last five.
- Dallas is ranked 27th this season with 12.1 giveaways per game. That figure has improved lately, however, as the team’s averaged 9.3 giveaways over its last 10 games and 9.2 giveaways over its last five.