The Oregon State Beavers (2-1) and the St. John’s Red Storm (4-0) square off in the AdvoCare Invitational at HP Field House. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
St. John’s Red Storm vs. Oregon State Beavers Odds Preview
In the Red Storms last contest, they won big over the Molloy Lions, 71-43. With seven points, 11 rebounds and nine assists, St. John’s Justin Simon played well. St. John’s played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.138 (below their season average of 0.251) and a turnover percentage of 14.4 (worse than their season average of 13.9). Molloy had marks of 0.074 and 26.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The Beavers come in on a high note after beating the Long Beach State 49ers in their last game, 89-81. With 26 points on 9-for-12 shooting, Drew Eubanks was the top scorer from either team. The Beavers had a much better free throw rate (0.393 vs. 0.176) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.598 vs. 0.507).
It could be a sloppy game for the Oregon State offense. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Oregon State ranks 342nd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of St. John’s has forced the 37th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.5 percent). This game should be a matchup of opposite styles. The up-tempo Red Storm rank 46th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Beavers rank 279th.
St. John’s Red Storm vs. Oregon State Beavers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – St. John’s, ATS Winner – St. John’s, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Storm rank fourth in blocks per game (5.9) while the Beavers rank 106th (3.7).
- St. John’s ranks 157th in assists per game (13.5) while Oregon State ranks 232nd (12.3).
- St. John’s averages 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 65th in the nation. Oregon State ranks 264th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- The Red Storm rank 87th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while the Beavers rank 273rd (18.4).
- Oregon State ranks 174th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2) while St. John’s ranks 300th (38.6).