The St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (12-16, 6-10 NEC) will be at the William Pitt Center – West Gym to take on the Sacred Heart Pioneers (17-12, 10-6 NEC) in a NEC matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers at Sacred Heart Pioneers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Pioneers were victorious over the Bryant Bulldogs, 83-76, while the Terriers lost to the Wagner Seahawks, 75-71.
Sacred Heart dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 17.5) and a free throw rate of 0.213 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Bryant had marks of 15.2 and 0.167, respectively. St. Francis Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 14.7). Sacred Heart was led by E.J. Anosike, who finished with 18 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Deniz Celen played a key role for St. Francis Brooklyn with 20 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Kinnon LaRose led the Pioneers to an 83-76 win. He recorded a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Sacred Heart did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (27-34; 79.4 percent). St. Francis Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (8.3 vs. 11.7).
Sacred Heart should have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Pioneers currently rank 76th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.469), while St. Francis Brooklyn is 293rd in effective field goal percentage (0.474). Furthermore, the Terriers, who rank 295th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.193), could struggle to get to the line against the Pioneers, who rank 17th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.161).
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers at Sacred Heart Pioneers Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Sacred Heart, ATS Winner – Sacred Heart, O/U – Over
- Sacred Heart ranks 10th in rebounds per game (40.6) while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 233rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Terriers average 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 32nd in the NCAA. The Pioneers rank 125th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Terriers rank 75th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Pioneers rank 231st (14.7).
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 46th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Sacred Heart ranks 162nd (6.8).
- The Terriers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average).