The Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (4-26, 3-14 NEC) welcome the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (12-17, 6-11 NEC) to William H. Detrick Gymnasium as the regular season comes to a conclusion. The game gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers at Central Connecticut State Blue Devils ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Blue Devils fell to the Merrimack Warriors, 69-58, while the Terriers were defeated by the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 73-63.
St. Francis Brooklyn had a better turnover percentage (10.8 vs. 15.5) while Central Connecticut State did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (24-33; 72.7 percent). Central Connecticut State’s Greg Outlaw led the way, finishing with 10 points and seven rebounds. St. Francis Brooklyn rallied around Deniz Celen, who had 15 points, six rebounds and six blocks.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Terriers won 90-79. The Terriers’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Blue Devils. St. Francis Brooklyn had a rate of 10.3, while Central Connecticut State posted a mark of 18.4. This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
St. Francis Brooklyn at Central Connecticut State ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Central Connecticut State, ATS Winner – Central Connecticut State, O/U – Over
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 49th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Central Connecticut State ranks 241st (24.0).
- The Terriers rank 119th in rebounds per game (36.2) while the Blue Devils rank 278th in rebounds allowed per game (40.0).
- St. Francis Brooklyn averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 28th in the nation. Central Connecticut State ranks 170th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Terriers rank 80th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Blue Devils rank 258th (15.4).
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Central Connecticut State ranks 198th (7.3).
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (1.6 above their season average).
- The Blue Devils’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.6, down from 14.4 for the season.