The Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (13-17, 6-11 NEC) and St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (13-16, 10-7 NEC) will square off at William H. Detrick Gymnasium to wrap up the regular season. Action gets underway at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers vs. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Free Preview
In the Terriers last outing, they were beaten by the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds, 81-76. With 24 points on 7-for-19 shooting, Rasheem Dunn was the games leading scorer. LIU Brooklyn had a free throw rate of 0.511 (above their season average of 0.259). St. Francis Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 7.9 (better than their season average of 15.8).
The Blue Devils are trying to rebound after their 64-62 loss to the Wagner Seahawks in their last matchup. Joe Hugley was the games high scorer with 17 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Wagner had an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.4 (above their season average of 35.7). Central Connecticut State, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (9-10; 90.0 percent).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Central Connecticut State offense. Central Connecticut State ranks 335th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of St. Francis Brooklyn forces the 68th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.0 percent).
Tyler Kohl has been impressive over the last five games for Central Connecticut State, averaging 22.6 points, 10.2 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Terriers won 77-60. The Terriers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 18.3 and an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.600. For those same stats, the Blue Devils were 23.6 and 0.468, respectively. Kohl was the games top overall scorer with 28 points.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers at Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – St. Francis Brooklyn, ATS Winner – St. Francis Brooklyn, O/U – Under
- The Terriers rank 24th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while the Blue Devils rank 134th (13.3).
- Central Connecticut State ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 70th (3.0).
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 49th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while Central Connecticut State ranks 252nd (19.0).
- The Blue Devils rank 55th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while the Terriers rank 257th (37.9).
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 49th in steals per game (7.3) while Central Connecticut State ranks 227th (4.9).
- The Blue Devils average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average).