The UMass Lowell River Hawks (4-6) will be at home in the Costello Athletic Center when they square off against the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (3-5). Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers at UMass Lowell River Hawks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the River Hawks lost a winnable game to the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 89-86, while the Terriers defeated the Hartford Hawks, 84-78.
The Terriers held the Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 7.1 (below their season average of 20.6). The Hawks also had a turnover percentage of 23.0 (above their season average of 19.0). UMass Lowell, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.554 (above their season average of 0.498). Christian Lutete was a key piece for UMass Lowell with 23 points and nine rebounds. St. Francis Brooklyn, meanwhile, was led by Unique McLean, who put up 18 points and nine rebounds.
The Terriers won the sole game between these two teams last year, 75-69. St. Francis Brooklyn’s 0.516 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over UMass Lowell, who had a mark of 0.423.
UMass Lowell figures to have an edge on the offensive glass in this battle. Since last season, the River Hawks rank 50th in offensive rebounding percentage (28.9 percent), while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 199th in defensive rebounding percentage (71.5 percent). Also, the Terriers, who rank 289th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.196), could struggle to get to the line against the River Hawks, who rank seventh in opponents’ FTA rate (0.210).
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers at UMass Lowell River Hawks Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – UMass Lowell, ATS Winner – UMass Lowell, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- UMass Lowell ranks 35th in rebounds per game (35.8) while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 274th in rebounds allowed per game (37.7).
- The Terriers rank 74th in blocks per game (4.0) while the River Hawks rank 232nd (2.6).
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 44th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while UMass Lowell ranks 163rd (7.0).
- The River Hawks rank 33rd in assists per game (15.6) while the Terriers rank 240th (11.9).
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while UMass Lowell ranks 206th (22.0).