The Manhattan Jaspers will get their season going when they take on the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (0-1) at Draddy Gymnasium. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers vs. Manhattan Jaspers Odds Preview
The Terriers were beaten by the Duquesne Dukes in their last matchup, 80-70. Rasheem Dunn put together a good game for St. Francis Brooklyn, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Duquesne had a much better free throw rate (0.525 vs. 0.200). St. Francis Brooklyn, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.438 vs. 0.415).
Manhattan did not make the tournament following a 10-22 regular season campaign last season.
The physical Manhattan offense could be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this battle. Since the 2016-17 season, the Jaspers rank 33rd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.299, while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 338th in FTA rate allowed (0.325).
The Jaspers won the only game against the Terriers last season, 61-54. Manhattan launched 18 three pointers, making eight of them (44.4 percent). St. Francis Brooklyn was, on the other hand, 6-25 (24.0 percent).
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers at Manhattan Jaspers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – St. Francis Brooklyn, ATS Winner – St. Francis Brooklyn, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Terriers average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 104th in the NCAA. The Jaspers rank 194th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 185th in blocks per game (2.9) while Manhattan ranks 214th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 76th in assists allowed per game (12.0) while Manhattan ranks 263rd (15.0).
- The Terriers rank 29th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while the Jaspers rank 202nd (19.9).
- Manhattan ranks 173rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.2) while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 319th (41.8).