The Massachusetts Minutemen (7-11, 0-5 A10) welcome the St. Bonaventure Bonnies (6-12, 2-3 A10) to William D. Mullins Center. The Minutemen will try to snap their six-game losing streak. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
St. Bonaventure Bonnies at Massachusetts Minutemen ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Minutemen lost big to the VCU Rams, 68-50, while the Bonnies lost a winnable game to the Dayton Flyers, 89-86.
St. Bonaventure had a turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 18.3) while Massachusetts forced VCU into a turnover percentage of 25.3 (above their season average of 17.9). Massachusetts was lifted by Luwane Pipkins, who had 14 points and eight rebounds. Courtney Stockard played a key role for St. Bonaventure with 36 points and 10 rebounds.
The Bonnies won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 98-78. St. Bonaventure made good use of their 25 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 20 of them (80.0 percent). Massachusetts, on the other hand, was just 10-18 (55.6 percent). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Massachusetts offense. Massachusetts ranks 202nd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.3 percent), while the gambling defense of St. Bonaventure forces the 79th-most turnovers in the nation (21.4 percent).
St. Bonaventure Bonnies at Massachusetts Minutemen Odds Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – Massachusetts, O/U – Over
- Massachusetts ranks 110th in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while St. Bonaventure ranks 249th (19.2).
- The Minutemen rank 174th in rebounds per game (35.2) while the Bonnies rank 246th (33.2).
- St. Bonaventure averages 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. Massachusetts ranks 81st in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- During their last five games, the Bonnies have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (0.9 above their season average).
- The Minutemen have been outscored by an average of 8.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Massachusetts has defeated opponents by an average of 0.2 points.