The Oregon State Beavers and Southern Utah Thunderbirds will face off at Gill Coliseum to commence their seasons. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 148 points with Oregon State opening as a 24-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Oregon State Beavers Free Preview
Neither team made the tournament last season. Southern Utah went 6-27 in the regular season while Oregon State finished 5-27.
It will be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-breaking Thunderbirds will look to push the more grind-it-out Beavers. Last season, the Thunderbirds ranked 18th in possessions per game while the Beavers were 292nd.
The Thunderbirds were 6-27 straight up (SU) and 12-15-3 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Southern Utah’s 30 games with betting action last season, 17 finished over the O/U total.
The Beavers, meanwhile, were 5-27 SU and 13-17 ATS last season. Coinciding with Southern Utah, a little over half of Oregon State’s games finished over the O/U total.
Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Oregon State Beavers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oregon State, ATS Winner – Southern Utah, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Beavers rank 87th in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while the Thunderbirds rank 228th (4.4).
- Oregon State ranks 194th in assists allowed per game (13.7) while Southern Utah ranks 274th (15.3).
- Southern Utah ranks 40th in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while Oregon State ranks 268th (18.3).
- The Thunderbirds rank 102nd in rebounds per game (36.9) while the Beavers rank 284th (32.6).
- Southern Utah ranks 83rd in steals allowed per game (5.7) while Oregon State ranks 252nd (8.1).