The Northern Colorado Bears (17-8, 10-4 BigSky) and their sensational offense welcome the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (14-11, 7-7 BigSky) and their stifling defense. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Northern Colorado Bears ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Bears barely escaped the Sacramento State Hornets, 68-65, while the Thunderbirds fell to the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, 82-69.
Northern Colorado’s 0.727 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Sacramento State, who had a mark of 0.519. The Bears’ mark was above their season average of 0.542. Southern Utah, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.521 vs. 0.482). Northern Colorado received a boost from Jonah Radebaugh, who had 21 points and six assists. Andre Adams, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Southern Utah with 20 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Kai Edwards led the Bears to a 68-60 win. He produced 17 points and eight rebounds. Northern Colorado’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Southern Utah. The Bears had a rate of 0.196, while the Thunderbirds posted a mark of 0.133.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Northern Colorado (25th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 111.2) takes on the top-notch defense of Southern Utah (20th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 91.4).
Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Northern Colorado Bears Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Northern Colorado, ATS Winner – Northern Colorado, O/U – Under
- Northern Colorado ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (27.5) while Southern Utah ranks 250th (18.7).
- The Bears allow the second-fewest assists per game (8.5) while the Thunderbirds rank 47th (10.9).
- Southern Utah is 43rd in the NCAA with 31.9 rebounds allowed per game while Northern Colorado is 54th with 32.5 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Thunderbirds rank 35th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Bears rank 180th (2.3).
- Northern Colorado ranks 15th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Southern Utah ranks 87th (6.1).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.8 points per game (0.2 above their season average).
- The Thunderbirds have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Southern Utah has defeated opponents by an average of 8.1 points.