The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (14-12, 7-8 BigSky) will be at the Dee Events Center to take on the Weber State Wildcats (10-16, 6-9 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Southern Utah Thunderbirds at Weber State Wildcats Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Wildcats fell to the Montana State Bobcats, 77-63, while the Thunderbirds lost a winnable game to the Northern Colorado Bears, 68-66.
Southern Utah held Northern Colorado to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.6 (below their season average of 26.2) while Weber State had a turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 16.3). Weber State was lifted by Cody John, who finished with 18 points. John Knight III led the way for Southern Utah, contributing 23 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Jerrick Harding led the Wildcats to a 75-65 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 27 points. Weber State’s 0.280 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Southern Utah, who had a mark of 0.129.
It could be a tough game for Weber State on the offensive glass. The Wildcats rank 335th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.6 percent), while Southern Utah ranks 19th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.9 percent).
Southern Utah Thunderbirds at Weber State Wildcats Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Southern Utah, ATS Winner – Southern Utah, O/U – Over
- Southern Utah ranks 76th in rebounds per game (37.6) while Weber State ranks 282nd (31.3).
- The Wildcats rank 173rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while the Thunderbirds rank 252nd (18.4).
- The Thunderbirds rank 49th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Wildcats rank 220th (14.3).
- Weber State ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Southern Utah ranks 159th (4.2).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 59.6 points per game (9.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (0.3 above their season average).
- The Thunderbirds have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Southern Utah has defeated opponents by an average of 7.7 points.