The San Jose State Spartans (1-0) will be at home in the San Jose State Event Center when they meet the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (1-0). The game gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Southern Utah Thunderbirds at San Jose State Spartans ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Spartans were victorious over the Life Pacific Warriors 89-72, while the Thunderbirds easily got past the West Coast Baptist Eagles 109-63.
Southern Utah dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 9.9 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. West Coast Baptist was 32.0 and 17.1, respectively, for those same stats. The Spartans, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (51.4 vs. 3.4) and had a better free throw rate (0.317 vs. 0.265). Michael Steadman had a good game for San Jose State, contributing 15 points and 13 rebounds. Southern Utah, meanwhile, rallied around Dwayne Morgan, who put up 20 points and six rebounds.
The Thunderbirds won the only contest between these two teams last year, 81-69. Southern Utah had a much better turnover percentage (10.1 vs. 26.0). San Jose State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (21-29; 72.4 percent).
Second-chance points could be scarce for San Jose State in this showdown. Since the 2017-18 season, the Spartans rank 179th in offensive rebounding percentage (29.0 percent), while Southern Utah ranks 52nd in defensive rebounding percentage (74.4 percent).
Southern Utah at San Jose State Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Southern Utah, ATS Winner – Southern Utah, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Southern Utah ranks 75th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while San Jose State ranks 314th (28.7).
- The Thunderbirds rank 97th in steals allowed per game (5.8) while the Spartans rank 245th (7.5).
- Southern Utah ranks 172nd in blocks per game (3.0) while San Jose State ranks 237th (2.3).
- The Thunderbirds rank 93rd in assists allowed per game (12.5) while the Spartans rank 288th (16.1).
- San Jose State ranks 32nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while Southern Utah ranks 214th (36.0).