The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (14-10, 7-6 BigSky) will be at the Walkup Skydome to take on the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (13-10, 7-7 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Lumberjacks were blown out by the Northern Colorado Bears, 84-54, while the Thunderbirds fell to the Sacramento State Hornets, 70-55.
Southern Utah did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (21-28; 75.0 percent) while Northern Arizona had a better free throw rate (0.073 vs. 0.069). Bernie Andre led the way for Northern Arizona, finishing with 11 points. Andre Adams, meanwhile played a key role for Southern Utah with 15 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Cameron Shelton led the Lumberjacks to a 75-72 win. He recorded 19 points, six rebounds and six assists. Northern Arizona out-rebounded Southern Utah. The Lumberjacks had more offensive rebounds (9 vs. 2) and total rebounds (29 vs. 26).
Southern Utah might struggle to create turnovers. Northern Arizona ranks 76th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.8 percent), while Southern Utah forces the 202nd-most turnovers (19.0 percent).
Southern Utah at Northern Arizona Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Northern Arizona, ATS Winner – Northern Arizona, O/U – Under
- Southern Utah ranks 33rd in blocks per game (4.5) while Northern Arizona ranks 182nd (2.3).
- The Thunderbirds rank 41st in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while the Lumberjacks rank 70th (33.0).
- Southern Utah averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 62nd in the country. Northern Arizona ranks 86th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- The Thunderbirds rank 37th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Lumberjacks rank 152nd (13.0).
- Northern Arizona ranks 208th in three pointers attempted per game (20.1) while Southern Utah ranks 237th (18.8).
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (9.3 above their season average).
- The Thunderbirds have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. On the season, Southern Utah has defeated opponents by an average of 9.0 points.