The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (11-6, 4-2 BigSky) will be at Reese Court to challenge the Eastern Washington Eagles (11-6, 4-2 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action gets underway at 5:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Southern Utah Thunderbirds at Eastern Washington Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Eagles defeated the Montana State Bobcats 71-58, while the Thunderbirds dismantled the Sacramento State Hornets 74-49.
The Thunderbirds made 22 of their 26 free throws (84.6 percent) and held the Hornets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.343 (below their season average of 0.460). The Eagles, on the other hand, had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.389 (above their season average of 0.182), while the Bobcats had a turnover percentage of 23.0 (above their season average of 18.6). Eastern Washington was led by Jacob Davison, who recorded 26 points, five rebounds and five assists. Dre Marin, meanwhile was a key piece for Southern Utah with 17 points.
The Eagles edged out the Thunderbirds in this series last year, securing victories in two out of three games. In the most recent game, Eastern Washington won 77-61. Eastern Washington was lights out from beyond the arc (10-25; 40.0 percent). Southern Utah, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (14-18; 77.8 percent). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, this will be a balanced contest. The sweet-shooting Eastern Washington offense ranks 43rd in the nation in that metric at 0.536, while the top-notch Southern Utah defense is ranked ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.428).
Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Eastern Washington Eagles Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Washington, ATS Winner – Eastern Washington, O/U – Over
- Eastern Washington ranks 28th in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while Southern Utah ranks 227th (19.3).
- The Thunderbirds average 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 72nd in the country. The Eagles rank 154th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Southern Utah averages 4.5 blocks per game, which is ranked 39th in the country. Eastern Washington ranks 83rd in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Thunderbirds rank 33rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while the Eagles rank 231st (38.4).
- Southern Utah ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (10.2) while Eastern Washington ranks 213th (14.8).
- The Thunderbirds’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.4, down from 11.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (12.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (1.5 below their season average).