The Southern University Jaguars (2-7) will attempt to put an end to a seven-game road losing streak when they meet the Iowa Hawkeyes (3-4) at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017.
Southern University Jaguars vs. Iowa Hawkeyes ATS Preview
In the Jaguars last matchup, they were beaten by the UCF Knights, 76-60. With 13 points on 6-for-16 shooting, Jarred Sam was Southern University’s high scorer. UCF held the Jaguars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 31.7). Southern University, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.7 vs. 17.8).
The Hawkeyes are hoping for a better outcome after their 84-78 loss to the Iowa State Cyclones in their last contest. With 16 points and eight rebounds, Iowa’s Jack Nunge had a good performance. Iowa State did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-20; 75.0 percent). Iowa, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4 (above their season average of 38.5).
It will be a matchup of opposite paces as the up-tempo Hawkeyes will look to push the more half-court-oriented Jaguars. Since the 2016-17 season, the Hawkeyes rank 55th in possessions per game while the Jaguars are 208th.
Southern University Jaguars at Iowa Hawkeyes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Iowa, ATS Winner – Iowa, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawkeyes average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. The Jaguars rank 189th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Southern University averages 5.6 steals per game, which ranks 179th in the NCAA. Iowa ranks 206th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Iowa ranks 40th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Southern University ranks 279th in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).
- The Hawkeyes rank 14th in assists per game (18.0) while the Jaguars rank 235th (11.7).
- Iowa ranks 94th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Southern University ranks 252nd (16.0).