The Southern University Jaguars (0-4) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first victory when they take on the North Carolina Central Eagles (1-3) at McDougald-McLendon Gymnasium. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Southern University Jaguars at North Carolina Central Eagles Odds Preview
In the Jaguars last contest, they lost to the No. 1 Duke Blue Devils, 78-61. Jamar Sandifer had a solid game for Southern University, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Duke had a free throw rate of 0.429 (above their season average of 0.148). Southern University, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 19.0).
The Eagles will look to maintain momentum after dismantling the Warren Wilson Owls in their last outing, 101-76. With 19 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Raasean Davis was the games high scorer. North Carolina Central played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 32.7) and a free throw rate of 0.133 (above their season average of 0.121). For those same stats, Warren Wilson was 7.7 and 0.066, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, North Carolina Central figures to have a noteworthy advantage. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Eagles defense ranks 10th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.450), while the Southern University offense ranks 319th in effective field goal percentage (0.470).
Southern University Jaguars at North Carolina Central Eagles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southern University, ATS Winner – Southern University, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 126th in assists per game (14.2) while the Jaguars rank 274th (11.5).
- North Carolina Central ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Southern University ranks 103rd (5.8).
- North Carolina Central ranks 34th in rebounds per game (38.9) while Southern University ranks 263rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The Eagles rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Jaguars rank 253rd (4.4).
- North Carolina Central ranks 135th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Southern University ranks 319th (15.8).