The Murray State Racers will open their season on their home court when they go head-to-head with the Southern University Jaguars (1-0) at CFSB Center. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Southern University Jaguars at Murray State Racers ATS Odds
In the Jaguars’ last game, they were victorious over the Loyola (LA) Wolfpack, 87-70. With 16 points and five rebounds, Southern University’s Kirk Parker put together a good performance. Southern University played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 21.4 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.5. Loyola (LA) was 33.1 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Murray State went to the tournament last season following a 25-4 regular season campaign that earned them a 12 seed in the tournament. They reached the Second Round, where the Florida State Seminoles defeated them.
On the other side, the Racers owned records of 25-4 SU and 17-12 ATS last season. Of the Racers’ 29 games last year, 14 finished over the O/U total.
Murray State could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Racers rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while Southern University ranks 291st in defensive efficiency dating back to the 2018-19 season.
Southern University at Murray State ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Southern University, ATS Winner – Southern University, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Murray State ranks 58th in rebounds per game (37.9) while Southern University ranks 310th (30.6).
- The Racers rank 173rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Jaguars rank 315th (17.0).
- Murray State ranks 44th in steals per game (7.5) while Southern University ranks 166th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Racers rank sixth in assists per game (17.9) while the Jaguars rank 245th (11.8).
- Murray State ranks 31st in blocks per game (4.5) while Southern University ranks 195th (2.7).