The 18th-ranked Butler Bulldogs (9-1) welcome the Southern University Jaguars (3-7) to Hinkle Fieldhouse. The Bulldogs look to prolong their six-game home winning streak, while the Jaguars try to snap their seven-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019.
Southern University Jaguars at Butler Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Bulldogs lost a tough one against the 11th-ranked Baylor Bears, 53-52, while the Jaguars were blown out by the Wright State Raiders, 85-62.
Southern University held Wright State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 31.3) while Butler did a great job of converting from the free throw line (7-10; 70.0 percent). Kamar Baldwin had a good game for Butler, finishing with 19 points and seven rebounds. Damiree Burns, meanwhile fueled Southern University with 16 points and nine rebounds.
The prolific offense of Butler (36th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 112.2) will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Southern University (297th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 105.9). The Bulldogs should have the edge on that end of the court. Moreover, the Jaguars are among the NCAA’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking 21st in offensive rebounding percentage (35.6 percent). The Bulldogs, meanwhile, rank 43rd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.0 percent).
Southern University at Butler Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Butler, ATS Winner – Southern University, O/U – Over
- Southern University ranks 77th in rebounds per game (37.7) while Butler ranks 230th (32.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 39th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Jaguars rank 139th (12.9).
- Southern University ranks 206th in three pointers attempted per game (19.8) while Butler ranks 230th (18.8).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 58.4 points per game (2.5 above their season average).
- The Jaguars’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 3.3 for the season.