The Southern University Jaguars (12-15, 9-5 SWAC) will be at Elmore Gymnasium to go head-to-head against the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (7-17, 4-9 SWAC) in a SWAC matchup. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Southern University Jaguars at Alabama A&M Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Bulldogs defeated the Alcorn State Braves 71-61, while the Jaguars beat the Alabama State Hornets 56-44.
The Jaguars held the Hornets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.298 (below their season average of 0.454). The Hornets also had a turnover percentage of 28.0 (above their season average of 19.6). The Bulldogs, meanwhile, had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.404 (above their season average of 0.206) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 (above their season average of 25.0). Alabama A&M was led by Cameron Alford, who finished with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Amel Kuljuhovic, meanwhile played a key role for Southern University with 10 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Lamarcus Lee led the Jaguars to a 67-46 victory. He put up 11 points and six rebounds. The Jaguars’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Bulldogs. Southern University had a rate of 17.2, while Alabama A&M posted a mark of 7.1.
It could be a difficult game for Alabama A&M on the offensive glass. The Bulldogs rank 268th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.2 percent), while Southern University ranks 98th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.0 percent).
Southern University Jaguars at Alabama A&M Bulldogs Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Southern University, ATS Winner – Southern University, O/U – Under
- Southern University ranks 33rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while Alabama A&M ranks 267th (38.6).
- The Jaguars rank 193rd in blocks per game (2.4) while the Bulldogs rank 236th (1.8).
- The Jaguars rank 13th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while the Bulldogs rank 184th (13.4).
- Southern University ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.1) while Alabama A&M ranks 119th (20.8).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 60.4 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.4 points per game (9.7 below their season average).
- The Jaguars’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 0.3 for the season.