The UTEP Miners (14-14, 5-10 CUSA) wrap up their home schedule at Don Haskins Center against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (9-19, 5-10 CUSA). The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs. UTEP Miners ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Miners defeated the Rice Owls, 68-62, while the Golden Eagles lost to the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, 61-53.
The Miners knocked down 14 of their 19 free throws (73.7 percent) and held the Owls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.403 (below their season average of 0.523). Southern Miss, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.213 (above their season average of 0.181). UTEP’s Daryl Edwards led the way, putting up 34 points. Leonard Harper-Baker, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Southern Miss with 12 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Bryson Williams led the Miners to a 76-64 win. He produced 20 points and nine rebounds. UTEP made good use of their 37 trips to the free throw line, making 34 of them (91.9 percent). Southern Miss, meanwhile, was 14-17 (82.4 percent).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, UTEP figures to have a substantial advantage. The Miners defense ranks 94th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.473), while the Southern Miss offense is ranked 209th in effective field goal percentage (0.493).
Southern Miss at UTEP Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Utep, ATS Winner – Southern Miss, O/U – Over
- UTEP ranks 108th in three pointers allowed per game (20.5) while Southern Miss ranks 291st (26.5).
- The Miners are 20th in the country with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Golden Eagles are 30th with 2.5 blocks allowed per game.
- The Miners rank 40th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Golden Eagles rank 174th (13.1).
- UTEP ranks 161st in steals per game (6.0) while Southern Miss ranks 203rd in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- During their last five games, the Miners have scored an average of 61.6 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 5.6 for the season.