The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (1-1) will travel to UNF Arena to meet the North Florida Ospreys (2-1). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 14, 2019.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles at North Florida Ospreys ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Ospreys won a close one over the Georgia Southern Eagles, 80-77, while the Golden Eagles were beaten by the South Alabama Jaguars, 75-69.
North Florida played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.2 and a free throw rate of 0.246. Georgia Southern was 11.9 and 0.116, respectively, for those same stats. Southern Miss, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (44.1 vs. 21.9). North Florida received a boost from Carter Hendricksen, who had 12 points and 17 rebounds. Leonard Harper-Baker led the way for Southern Miss, putting up 12 points and 14 rebounds.
This game should be a battle of opposite tempos. Since the 2018-19 season, North Florida has preferred to play fast (26th in possessions per game), while Southern Miss has been more methodical (283rd in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Golden Eagles rank 24th in turnover percentage (16.0 percent), while the Ospreys rank 265th in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.6 percent).
Southern Miss Golden Eagles at North Florida Ospreys Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – North Florida, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Southern Miss ranks 12th in assists per game (16.9) while North Florida ranks 291st in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- The Golden Eagles rank 139th in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Ospreys rank 285th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- North Florida ranks 21st in blocks per game (4.7) while Southern Miss ranks 128th (3.4).
- The Ospreys average 27.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. The Golden Eagles rank 300th in three pointers allowed per game (26.6).
- Southern Miss ranks 40th in steals per game (7.7) while North Florida ranks 271st in steals allowed per game (9.1).