The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (4-16, 0-7 CUSA) and the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (6-14, 2-5 CUSA) go head-to-head at Murphy Athletic Center. The Blue Raiders will attempt to snap their 11-game losing streak. The game begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Blue Raiders lost to the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, 80-73, while the Golden Eagles defeated the UAB Blazers, 84-77.
The Golden Eagles had a turnover percentage of 15.1 (better than their season average of 18.5) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.630 (above their season average of 0.486). Middle Tennessee, meanwhile, forced Louisiana Tech into a turnover percentage of 20.0 (above their season average of 15.0). Middle Tennessee’s Antonio Green played well, contributing 16 points. LaDavius Draine, meanwhile was a key piece for Southern Miss with 28 points and nine rebounds.
The Golden Eagles won the only contest between these two teams last year, 77-70. The Golden Eagles’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Blue Raiders. Southern Miss had a rate of 25.8, while Middle Tennessee posted a mark of 16.1. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Conflicting tempos will be on display in this showdown. Middle Tennessee has preferred a fast-paced style of play (59th in possessions per game), while Southern Miss has been more half-court-oriented (234th in possessions per game).
Southern Miss at Middle Tennessee ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Southern Miss, ATS Winner – Southern Miss, O/U – Over
- Middle Tennessee ranks 69th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Southern Miss ranks 281st (16.6).
- The Golden Eagles rank 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Blue Raiders rank 70th (3.1).
- The Golden Eagles rank 89th in assists per game (14.1) while the Blue Raiders rank 204th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- Middle Tennessee ranks 100th in steals per game (6.8) while Southern Miss ranks 147th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Blue Raiders’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 5.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average).