The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (5-14, 1-5 CUSA) and the UAB Blazers (12-7, 3-3 CUSA) battle at Bartow Arena. The Golden Eagles will attempt to end their eight-game road losing streak, while the Blazers look to continue their five-game home winning streak. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs. UAB Blazers Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Blazers barely escaped the Florida Atlantic Owls 68-65, while the Golden Eagles were victorious over the Rice Owls 81-68.
Southern Miss was 9-22 on three pointers (40.9 percent). Rice, on the other hand, was 9-35 (25.7 percent). Meanwhile, UAB’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Florida Atlantic. The Blazers had a rate of 0.509 (above their season average of 0.486), while the Owls posted a mark of 0.436 (below their season average of 0.505). UAB was lifted by Tavin Lovan, who recorded 17 points. Meanwhile, Jay Malone led the way for Southern Miss, recording 27 points and seven assists.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Blazers won the last game 76-72. UAB had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.704 vs. 0.548). Southern Miss, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (15-18; 83.3 percent). This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
UAB figures to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Blazers currently rank 41st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.453), while Southern Miss is 242nd in effective field goal percentage (0.486).
Southern Miss Golden Eagles at UAB Blazers ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Uab, ATS Winner – Southern Miss, O/U – Under
- UAB ranks 49th in rebounds per game (39.1) while Southern Miss ranks 210th (34.3).
- The Golden Eagles rank 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Blazers rank 116th (3.6).
- Southern Miss averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 103rd in the country. UAB ranks 169th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Golden Eagles rank 81st in assists per game (14.2) while the Blazers rank 234th (10.1).
- UAB ranks 158th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2) while Southern Miss ranks 248th (25.7).
- During their last five games, the Blazers have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (4.0 above their season average).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 7.6 for the season.