The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (10-3) and their phenomenal offense host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (8-4) and their stifling defense. The game begins at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Bulldogs beat the Wichita State Shockers 71-58, while the Golden Eagles had no trouble getting past the Southeastern Baptist Chargers 111-66.
Southern Miss dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.269 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.5. Southeastern Baptist put up marks of 0.100 and 20.4, respectively, for those same stats. The Bulldogs, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.460 vs. 0.204) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.7 vs. 22.9). Amorie Archibald was a key piece for Louisiana Tech with 14 points and nine rebounds. Southern Miss, meanwhile, was lifted by Cortez Edwards, who finished with eight points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Golden Eagles won the last contest 72-64. Southern Miss had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.604 vs. 0.432). Louisiana Tech, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.8 vs. 12.0). This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
Edwards has been playing at a high level as of late for Southern Miss, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
This battle pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Louisiana Tech ranks 29th in offensive efficiency and Southern Miss ranks 21st in defensive efficiency.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Betting Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Southern Miss, ATS Winner – Louisiana Tech, O/U – Over
- Southern Miss averages 17.7 assists per game, which ranks 17th in the NCAA. Louisiana Tech ranks 165th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 106th in rebounds per game (37.2) while the Golden Eagles rank 177th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- Louisiana Tech averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 66th in the country. Southern Miss ranks 73rd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Golden Eagles rank 31st in steals per game (8.4) while the Bulldogs rank 118th (6.1).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 130th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while Southern Miss ranks 213th in three pointers allowed per game (26.1).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (6.2 below their season average).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.8, down from 12.5 for the season.