A 15-game home winning streak is on the line for the UNI Panthers (22-5, 11-4 MVC) when they clash with the Southern Illinois Salukis (16-12, 10-5 MVC) at McLeod Center. The game will air on ESPNU at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Southern Illinois Salukis vs. UNI Panthers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Panthers lost a tough one against the Indiana State Sycamores, 67-64, while the Salukis were victorious over the Evansville Aces, 70-53.
The Salukis had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.395 (above their season average of 0.236) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.724 (above their season average of 0.494). UNI, meanwhile, held Indiana State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.6 (below their season average of 24.4). AJ Green played a pivotal role for UNI with 21 points. Southern Illinois, meanwhile, was led by Marcus Domask, who finished with 19 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Lance Jones led the Salukis to a 68-66 win. He produced 20 points. Southern Illinois had a much better free throw rate (0.226 vs. 0.036). UNI, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 vs. 10.8).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams clash. UNI ranks 286th in possessions per game (66.9) and Southern Illinois is 343rd (63.7). Moreover, put-back points could be few and far between for the Salukis. They rank 340th in the NCAA in offensive rebounding percentage at 21.2 percent, while the Panthers are 18th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 77.0 percent).
Southern Illinois Salukis vs. UNI Panthers Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Under
- UNI ranks 85th in rebounds per game (37.3) while Southern Illinois ranks 292nd (30.6).
- The Panthers are seventh in the country with 2.1 blocks allowed per game while the Salukis are 51st with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Salukis rank 135th in steals per game (6.4) while the Panthers rank 245th (4.6).
- UNI ranks 32nd in assists allowed per game (10.6) while Southern Illinois ranks 128th (12.4).
- The Salukis’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (1.6 above their season average).