Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the Southern Illinois Salukis (10-10, 3-4 MVC) visit Loyola Chicago to play the Ramblers (12-8, 5-2 MVC). The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 27, 2019, and will air on ESPNU.
Southern Illinois Salukis vs. Loyola Chicago Ramblers ATS Odds
In their last game, the Ramblers got blown out by the Missouri State Bears, 70-35, while the Salukis beat the UNI Panthers, 70-62.
Southern Illinois played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.212 (below their season average of 0.223) and a turnover percentage of 22.4 (worse than their season average of 20.0). For those same stats, UNI was 0.109 and 25.5, respectively. Loyola Chicago, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (9-11; 81.8 percent). Cameron Krutwig was a key piece for Loyola Chicago with 15 points. Sean Lloyd Jr. had a good outing for Southern Illinois, contributing 16 points and six rebounds.
The Ramblers dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent game, Loyola Chicago won 75-56. The Ramblers’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Salukis. Loyola Chicago had a rate of 15.1, while Southern Illinois posted a mark of 20.3. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Loyola Chicago ranks 342nd in possessions per game (65.2) and Southern Illinois is 322nd (66.2).
Southern Illinois Salukis at Loyola Chicago Ramblers Betting Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Over
- Loyola Chicago ranks 46th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while Southern Illinois ranks 233rd (25.5).
- The Ramblers average 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 101st in the NCAA. The Salukis rank 134th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 100th in steals per game (6.6) while Southern Illinois ranks 118th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Salukis average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 57th in the NCAA. The Ramblers rank 126th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while Southern Illinois ranks 78th (33.2).
- During their last five games, the Ramblers have scored an average of 59.2 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.4 points per game (3.0 above their season average).
- The Salukis have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Southern Illinois has defeated opponents by an average of 0.9 points.