The Tulane Green Wave (1-0) will be at home in Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse when they meet the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (1-0). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Tulane Green Wave Odds Preview
The Lions had no trouble getting past the Centenary Gentlemen in their last matchup, 99-67. Eddy Polanco was Southeastern Louisiana’s high scorer with 18 points on 3-for-5 shooting. Southeastern Louisiana dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.574 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7. Centenary had marks of 0.235 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Green Wave played, they beat the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds, 102-96. Tulane was led by Samir Sehic, who contributed 17 points and 14 rebounds. Tulane dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.300 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8. LIU Brooklyn had marks of 0.145 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Tulane might struggle to score as they battle against one of the nations best defenses. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 61st in defensive efficiency, while the Green Wave rank 286th in offensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season. Moreover, the Lions rank 26th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.3 percent), while the Green Wave rank 299th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.0 percent).
The Green Wave won the only contest against the Lions last season, 93-76. The Green Wave’s turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Lions. Tulane had a rate of 14.2, while Southeastern Louisiana posted a mark of 22.3.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Tulane Green Wave Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southeastern Louisiana, ATS Winner – Southeastern Louisiana, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions rank 70th in steals per game (7.0) while the Green Wave rank 150th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Southeastern Louisiana averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 106th in the nation. Tulane ranks 181st in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 31st in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while Tulane ranks 278th (38.1).
- The Green Wave rank 89th in blocks per game (3.9) while the Lions rank 215th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Tulane ranks 125th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 251st (18.6).