Expect a fast-paced game when the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (4-10, 1-2 SthLnd) head to Sam Houston State to take on the Bearkats (10-5, 3-1 SthLnd). Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Sam Houston State Bearkats Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Bearkats lost to the Nicholls Colonels, 70-58, while the Lions defeated the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders, 84-80.
The Lions had a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 19.3) and had a free throw rate of 0.551 (above their season average of 0.146). Sam Houston State, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.255 (above their season average of 0.200). Sam Houston State received a boost from Kai Mitchell, who put up 10 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Von Julien, meanwhile played a key role for Southeastern Louisiana with 20 points.
The Bearkats won the only game between these two teams last season, 62-52. Sam Houston State won the rebounding battle. The Bearkats had more offensive rebounds (8 vs. 3) and total rebounds (33 vs. 32). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
There could be a fair amount of transition action in this battle that features a pair of the nation’s more up-tempo teams. Sam Houston State currently ranks 19th in possessions per game (75.6) and Southeastern Louisiana is 37th (73.9). Furthermore, the Lions rank 303rd in turnover percentage (21.6 percent), while the Bearkats rank 24th in opponents’ turnover percentage (24.6 percent).
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Sam Houston State Bearkats Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Sam Houston State, ATS Winner – Sam Houston State, O/U – Under
- Sam Houston State ranks 14th in assists per game (17.1) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 206th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- The Lions rank 113th in three pointers allowed per game (21.2) while the Bearkats rank 228th (25.0).
- The Bearkats rank 111th in rebounds per game (37.2) while the Lions rank 262nd in rebounds allowed per game (40.0).
- Sam Houston State ranks 18th in steals per game (9.4) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 160th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Bearkats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.4, down from 10.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.2 points per game (3.0 above their season average).