Expect a fast-paced game when the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (6-19, 3-11 SthLnd) head to Nicholls to play the Colonels (16-9, 10-4 SthLnd). The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at Nicholls Colonels ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Colonels were victorious over the Lamar Cardinals, 69-65, while the Lions lost to the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 79-70.
Nicholls played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.1 (better than their season average of 16.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.3 (below their season average of 31.8). Lamar had marks of 23.0 and 23.1, respectively, for those same stats. Southeastern Louisiana, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.309 (above their season average of 0.192). Nicholls’ Dexter McClanahan led the way, finishing with 19 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Von Julien fueled Southeastern Louisiana with 11 points and seven assists.
In their first matchup this year, Warith Alatishe led the Colonels to a 69-58 win. He registered a double-double with 14 points and 16 rebounds. The Colonels’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Lions. Nicholls had a rate of 35.5, while Southeastern Louisiana posted a mark of 19.4.
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this battle that showcases two of the country’s more up-and-down teams. Nicholls currently ranks 30th in possessions per game (73.6) and Southeastern Louisiana is 19th (74.4). Furthermore, the Lions’ 342nd-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 91.5) will face a tough test against the Colonels’ 47th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 94.1).
Southeastern Louisiana vs. Nicholls Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Under
- Nicholls ranks third in steals per game (10.3) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 192nd in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Colonels rank 40th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while the Lions rank 99th (20.5).
- Nicholls averages 3.5 blocks per game, which is ranked 87th in the country. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 98th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Colonels average 35.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 152nd in the nation. The Lions rank 268th in rebounds allowed per game (38.6).
- Nicholls ranks 127th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 225th (15.0).
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (4.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.4 points per game (5.1 above their season average).
- The Colonels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 7.7 for the season.