The Kent State Golden Flashes (3-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they go head-to-head with the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (1-3) at Memorial A & C Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Kent State Golden Flashes Free Preview
In the Lions last contest, they were blown out by the Valparaiso Crusaders, 83-50. Southeastern Louisianas Eddy Polanco put together a good performance, recording 10 points and five rebounds. Valparaiso had an effective field goal percentage of 0.638 (above their season average of 0.563). Southeastern Louisiana, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.288 vs. 0.155).
The Golden Flashes come in on a high note after beating the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils in their last contest, 80-67. Adonis De La Rosa had a good game for Kent State, putting up 14 points and 10 rebounds. Kent State played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.246 and a turnover percentage of 16.2. Mississippi Valley State put up marks of 0.136 and 19.8, respectively, for those same stats.
Conflicting paces will be on display in this meeting. Kent State ranks 92nd in possessions per game (71.5) while Southeastern Louisiana is 216th (69.1) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at Kent State Golden Flashes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Flashes average 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 115th in the NCAA. The Lions rank 173rd in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Southeastern Louisiana averages 14.0 assists per game, which ranks 134th in the nation. Kent State ranks 177th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Kent State ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 226th (4.0).
- The Golden Flashes rank ninth in rebounds per game (40.8) while the Lions rank 154th (36.0).
- Kent State ranks 120th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 253rd (18.6).