The Central Arkansas Bears (7-7, 1-0 SthLnd) look to lengthen a five-game home winning streak when they square off with the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (7-7, 1-0 SthLnd) at Farris Center. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Central Arkansas Bears ATS Preview
The last time the Lions played, they defeated the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, 73-62. Marlain Veal was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Southeastern Louisiana played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.650 (above their season average of 0.237) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.500). For those same stats, Stephen F. Austin recorded marks of 0.226 and 0.472, respectively.
The Bears hope to keep it rolling after topping the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders in their last outing, 81-69. Jordan Howard played a pivotal role for Central Arkansas with 18 points, five rebounds and five assists. Central Arkansas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.7 (worse than their season average of 16.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.518 (below their season average of 0.531). For those same stats, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi put up marks of 22.5 and 0.453, respectively.
It will be a battle of opposite styles as the up-tempo Bears (ranked 15th in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Lions (181st in possessions per game).
Mathieu Kamba has really been playing well over the last five games for Central Arkansas, averaging 18.2 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after splitting two games last season. The Lions won the last matchup 87-70. Southeastern Louisiana had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.636 vs. 0.438). Central Arkansas, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (8.7 vs. 14.1).
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Central Arkansas Bears Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southeastern Louisiana, ATS Winner – Southeastern Louisiana, O/U – Over
- The Lions average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 53rd in the nation. The Bears rank 104th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 123rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.0) while Central Arkansas ranks 249th (40.3).
- The Bears rank 44th in assists per game (16.6) while the Lions rank 129th (14.1).
- Central Arkansas ranks 50th in blocks per game (4.6) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 128th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Bears average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (2.9 above their season average).