The Valparaiso Crusaders (3-0) are off to a hot start and will try to remain undefeated when they clash against the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (1-2) at Athletics-Recreation Center. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Valparaiso Crusaders Odds Preview
In the Lions last contest, they fell to the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks, 86-75. Keith Charleston put together a good game for Southeastern Louisiana, putting up 15 points and 10 rebounds. Louisiana-Monroe had a better turnover percentage (14.1 vs. 17.5). Southeastern Louisiana, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (14-20; 70.0 percent).
The Crusaders will look to maintain momentum after blowing out the SIUE Cougars in their last matchup, 94-69. Valparaiso received a boost from Tevonn Walker, who was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Valparaiso dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.609 and a turnover percentage of 15.4. SIUE had marks of 0.392 and 22.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The aggressive Valparaiso offense seems poised to dominate from the free throw line. Since last season, the Crusaders rank 24th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.303, while Southeastern Louisiana has been among the nations most foul-prone squads (giving up a 265th-ranked FTA rate of 0.272).
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at Valparaiso Crusaders ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Valparaiso, ATS Winner – Valparaiso, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions rank 43rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while the Crusaders rank 80th (33.6).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 127th in assists per game (14.2) while Valparaiso ranks 132nd in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 39th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Valparaiso ranks 227th (22.5).
- The Crusaders rank 85th in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while the Lions rank 227th (4.0).
- Valparaiso averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 92nd in the nation. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 163rd in steals allowed per game (6.3).