The McNeese State Cowboys (12-15, 7-9 SthLnd) wrap up their home schedule at H&HP Complex against the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (6-21, 3-13 SthLnd). The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at McNeese State Cowboys Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Cowboys fell to the New Orleans Privateers, 82-77, while the Lions were defeated by the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 75-69.
Southeastern Louisiana held Abilene Christian to an effective field goal percentage of 0.480 (below the 0.532 mark opponents have averaged against Southeastern Louisiana this season) while McNeese State had a free throw rate of 0.467 (above their season average of 0.246). Sha’markus Kennedy fueled McNeese State with 22 points and 11 rebounds. Southeastern Louisiana, meanwhile, received a boost from Ty Brewer, who had 16 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Kennedy led the Cowboys to a 77-61 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 26 points. One of McNeese State’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 18-21 (85.7 percent), while the Lions were just 10-15 (66.7 percent).
The productive offense of McNeese State (28th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 111.1) will clash against the porous defense of Southeastern Louisiana (300th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 105.3). The Cowboys should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. McNeese State Cowboys Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – McNeese State, ATS Winner – McNeese State, O/U – Under
- McNeese State averages 16.2 assists per game, which ranks 14th in the country. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 237th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- The Lions rank 93rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while the Cowboys rank 267th (25.0).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 39th in steals per game (8.0) while McNeese State ranks 198th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Cowboys rank 62nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while the Lions rank 251st (38.3).
- McNeese State ranks 56th in blocks per game (4.1) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 230th (1.8).
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (4.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (1.8 above their season average).
- The Cowboys have been outscored by an average of 5.8 points in their last five games. On the season, McNeese State has defeated opponents by an average of 5.5 points.