The Southeastern Louisiana Lions (1-1) will travel to Fant-Ewing Coliseum to clash against the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (0-2) in their home opener. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks ATS Preview
The last time the Lions played, they lost big to the Tulane Green Wave, 89-66. Southeastern Louisiana’s Marlain Veal had a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 26 points on 11-for-21 shooting. Tulane had a much better free throw rate (0.365 vs. 0.215). Southeastern Louisiana, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (15.3 vs. 21.7).
The Warhawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 83-65 loss to the SMU Mustangs in their last contest. With 14 points and eight rebounds, Marvin Jean-Pierre put together a good outing for Louisiana-Monroe. SMU did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (17-21; 81.0 percent). Louisiana-Monroe, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.2 vs. 19.7).
Louisiana-Monroe might struggle to put up points as they battle against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Since last season, Southeastern Louisiana ranks 74th in defensive efficiency while the Warhawks rank 306th in offensive efficiency. ,
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisiana-Monroe, ATS Winner – Louisiana-Monroe, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions rank 145th in blocks per game (3.4) while the Warhawks rank 259th (2.1).
- Southeastern Louisiana averages 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 133rd in the nation. Louisiana-Monroe ranks 151st in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 74th in steals per game (7.0) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 273rd (4.8).
- The Lions rank 38th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while the Warhawks rank 171st (35.2).
- Louisiana-Monroe ranks 133rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 254th (18.6).