The Southeastern Louisiana Lions (6-12, 2-3 SthLnd) will be at Sharp Gymnasium to square off with the Houston Baptist Huskies (5-11, 1-4 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at Houston Baptist Huskies Betting Odds
In their last game, the Huskies were beaten by the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 71-65, while the Lions edged the McNeese State Cowboys, 74-71.
Southeastern Louisiana played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.373 (above their season average of 0.234) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.7 (above their season average of 28.3). McNeese State was 0.175 and 27.6, respectively, for those same stats. Houston Baptist, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 36.8). Ian DuBose had a solid performance for Houston Baptist with 15 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Moses Greenwood had a good outing for Southeastern Louisiana, contributing 14 points and nine rebounds.
The Lions won the sole game between these two teams last season, 85-69. Southeastern Louisiana’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Houston Baptist. The Lions had a rate of 0.241, while the Huskies posted a mark of 0.177. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It will be a matchup of opposite paces as the up-and-down Huskies (ranked 22nd in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Lions (241st in possessions per game).
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Houston Baptist Huskies ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Houston Baptist, O/U – Over
- Houston Baptist ranks 57th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 243rd (33.2).
- The Lions rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (16.6) while the Huskies rank 95th (21.2).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 138th in blocks per game (2.7) while Houston Baptist ranks 143rd in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- The Lions rank 37th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while the Huskies rank 202nd (15.1).
- Houston Baptist averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 64th in the nation. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 169th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Lions have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. On the season, Southeastern Louisiana has lost by an average of 6.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (5.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (5.5 below their season average).