The Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (7-20, 3-11 OVC) and the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (10-17, 5-9 OVC) face off at Pete Mathews Coliseum. The Redhawks can snap a 14-game road losing streak. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks vs. Jacksonville State Gamecocks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Gamecocks were beaten by the Belmont Bruins, 101-84, while the Redhawks were victorious over the SIUE Cougars, 75-71.
The Redhawks knocked down 29 of their 36 free throws (80.6 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 17.7). Jacksonville State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 vs. 25.0). De’Torrion Ware played a pivotal role for Jacksonville State with 25 points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, Quatarrius Wilson led the way for Southeast Missouri State, finishing with 13 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Alex Caldwell led the Redhawks to a 76-72 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 17 points. Southeast Missouri State had a better free throw rate (0.196 vs. 0.132). Jacksonville State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (14.0 vs. 26.4).
Second-chance points could be few and far between for Southeast Missouri State in this showdown. The Redhawks rank 275th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.3 percent), while Jacksonville State ranks 71st in defensive rebounding percentage (74.5 percent).
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at Jacksonville State Gamecocks Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Jacksonville State, ATS Winner – Jacksonville State, O/U – Over
- Jacksonville State ranks 78th in assists per game (14.2) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 253rd in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- The Gamecocks rank 94th in rebounds per game (36.9) while the Redhawks rank 242nd (33.0).
- Jacksonville State ranks 133rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 251st (18.7).
- The Redhawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 8.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (7.9 above their season average).