The Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (4-16, 0-7 OVC) and the Eastern Illinois Panthers (10-9, 3-4 OVC) face off at Lantz Arena. The Redhawks look to snap their seven-game losing streak. Action begins at 4:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at Eastern Illinois Panthers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Panthers defeated the UT Martin Skyhawks, 95-83, while the Redhawks got blown out by the SIUE Cougars, 84-65.
The Panthers forced 15 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.603 (above their season average of 0.510). Southeast Missouri State, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.236 vs. 0.132). Eastern Illinois was led by George Dixon, who had 20 points and nine rebounds. Alex Caldwell, meanwhile had a good game for Southeast Missouri State, contributing 15 points.
The Redhawks dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Southeast Missouri State won 88-79. Southeast Missouri State out-rebounded Eastern Illinois. The Redhawks had more offensive rebounds (7 vs. 2), defensive rebounds (31 vs. 23) and total rebounds (38 vs. 25). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Eastern Illinois should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Panthers currently rank 99th in offensive efficiency, while Southeast Missouri State ranks 339th in defensive efficiency.
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at Eastern Illinois Panthers Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Eastern Illinois, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Over
- Eastern Illinois ranks 62nd in assists per game (14.6) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 237th (10.4).
- The Redhawks are 27th in the nation with 5.2 steals allowed per game while the Panthers are 60th with 5.8 steals allowed per game.
- Eastern Illinois blocks 4.3 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 52nd in the country. Southeast Missouri State ranks 75th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Panthers rank 97th in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Redhawks rank 262nd (32.4).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 215th in three pointers attempted per game (19.8) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 255th (18.1).
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (2.8 above their season average).
- The Redhawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 10.2 for the season.