The SIUE Cougars (4-15, 1-5 OVC) welcome the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (4-15, 0-6 OVC) to Sam M. Vadalabene Center, where both teams will look to snap their losing streaks. The Redhawks have lost six consecutive games, while the Cougars are on a five-game losing streak. The game begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks vs. SIUE Cougars ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Cougars fell to the Jacksonville State Gamecocks, 64-56, while the Redhawks were defeated by the Murray State Racers, 96-91.
Southeast Missouri State had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 17.7) while SIUE held Jacksonville State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 31.0). SIUE was lifted by Zeke Moore, who had 16 points. DQ Nicholas had a good game for Southeast Missouri State, putting up 21 points.
The Cougars dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent contest, SIUE won 87-86. SIUE had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.8 vs. 17.8). Southeast Missouri State, on the other hand, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.485 vs. 0.376). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Southeast Missouri State. Southeast Missouri State ranks 212th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.7 percent), while the pesky defense of SIUE forces the 88th-most turnovers in the country (21.3 percent).
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at SIUE Cougars Odds Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – SIUE, ATS Winner – SIUE, O/U – Over
- SIUE ranks 97th in assists per game (13.7) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 233rd in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- The Cougars rank 253rd in three pointers attempted per game (17.8) while the Redhawks rank 257th (17.7).
- The Redhawks rank 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Cougars rank 91st (6.3).
- Southeast Missouri State ranks 256th in rebounds per game (32.5) while SIUE ranks 263rd (32.2).
- The Redhawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.8, up from 9.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (1.7 above their season average).