It will be a matchup between two exceptional defenses when the Wichita State Shockers (19-6, 7-5 AAC) take on the South Florida Bulls (11-14, 4-8 AAC) at Charles Koch Arena. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
South Florida Bulls at Wichita State Shockers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Shockers easily got past the Tulane Green Wave, 82-57, while the Bulls fell to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, 56-48.
The Shockers held the Green Wave to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 22.2) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.467). South Florida, on the other hand, held Tulsa to an effective field goal percentage of 0.393 (below their season average of 0.501). Dexter Dennis had a solid outing for Wichita State with 21 points and nine rebounds. South Florida rallied around David Collins, who contributed 14 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Dennis led the Shockers to a 56-43 victory. He put up 12 points and five rebounds. Wichita State out-rebounded South Florida. The Shockers had more offensive rebounds (10 vs. 5), defensive rebounds (26 vs. 24) and total rebounds (36 vs. 29).
Baskets could be hard to come by as two of the NCAA’s best defenses square off. Wichita State currently ranks 14th in defensive efficiency (90.6) and South Florida is 55th (94.6).
South Florida Bulls vs. Wichita State Shockers Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Wichita State, ATS Winner – Wichita State, O/U – Under
- Wichita State ranks 24th in rebounds per game (39.6) while South Florida ranks 232nd (33.4).
- The Shockers rank 49th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while the Bulls rank 84th (20.2).
- The Shockers rank 69th in assists per game (14.4) while the Bulls rank 263rd (9.8).
- Wichita State ranks 74th in steals per game (7.2) while South Florida ranks 120th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Shockers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 62.2 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 58.2 points per game (3.2 below their season average).