It will be a matchup between two stifling defenses when the UConn Huskies (14-12, 5-8 AAC) go head-to-head with the South Florida Bulls (11-15, 4-9 AAC) at Harry A. Gampel Pavilion. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
South Florida Bulls at UConn Huskies Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Huskies fell to the Temple Owls, 93-89, while the Bulls were defeated by the Wichita State Shockers, 65-55.
South Florida held Wichita State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 32.7) while UConn held Temple to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 25.9). UConn was lifted by Isaiah Whaley, who had 18 points and 14 rebounds. Laquincy Rideau, meanwhile led the way for South Florida, contributing 14 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Rideau led the Bulls to a 75-60 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 17 points. One of South Florida’s largest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They made 29 trips to the line, while UConn went 16 times.
Points could be at a premium in this contest between two of the NCAA’s best defenses. UConn ranks 44th in defensive efficiency (94.0) and South Florida is 53rd (94.6). Also, the Bulls rank 344th in turnover percentage (22.8 percent), while the Huskies rank 42nd in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.4 percent).
South Florida Bulls vs. UConn Huskies Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UConn, ATS Winner – UConn, O/U – Under
- UConn ranks second in blocks per game (6.3) while South Florida ranks 201st (2.0).
- The Huskies rank 167th in assists per game (12.8) while the Bulls rank 277th (9.8).
- UConn ranks 13th in three pointers allowed per game (17.1) while South Florida ranks 94th (20.2).
- The Huskies rank 49th in rebounds per game (38.5) while the Bulls rank 229th (33.6).
- South Florida averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 50th in the NCAA. UConn ranks 187th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Huskies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 4.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 60.0 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.8 points per game (0.8 below their season average).