A seven-game home winning streak is on the line for the Temple Owls (12-3, 2-1 AAC) when they challenge the South Florida Bulls (12-3, 2-1 AAC) at Liacouras Center. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019, and can be seen on ESPNU.
South Florida Bulls vs. Temple Owls ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Owls beat the 17th-ranked Houston Cougars 73-69, while the Bulls won big over the Tulane Green Wave 66-48.
South Florida dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 19.2 (worse than their season average of 19.0) and a free throw rate of 0.283 (below their season average of 0.320). For those same stats, Tulane had marks of 33.9 and 0.205, respectively. Temple, meanwhile, made good use of their 28 trips to the charity stripe, making 25 of them (89.3 percent). Houston was just 11-17 (64.7 percent). Quinton Rose played a key role for Temple with 22 points and six rebounds. South Florida was lifted by David Collins, who contributed 17 points, five rebounds and five assists.
The Owls won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 73-55. The Owls’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Bulls. Temple had a rate of 31.4, while South Florida posted a mark of 21.2. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball security could play a key role in this meeting. Temple commits the 22nd-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 15.8 percent), while the gambling defense of South Florida forces the 11th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 24.8 percent).
South Florida Bulls vs. Temple Owls Free Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Temple, ATS Winner – Temple, O/U – Under
- South Florida ranks 21st in rebounds per game (40.7) while Temple ranks 191st (34.5).
- The Owls average 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. The Bulls rank 84th in assists allowed per game (12.3).
- The Owls average 9.4 steals per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. The Bulls rank 117th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Temple ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while South Florida ranks 120th (4.0).
- The Bulls’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.6, up from 9.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (4.1 above their season average).