The Fort Wayne Mastodons (18-12, 7-6 Summit) and South Dakota State Jackrabbits (24-6, 12-1 Summit) will battle at Hilliard Gates Center to bring the regular season to a conclusion. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. Fort Wayne Mastodons Betting Preview
In the Jackrabbits last contest, they defeated the South Dakota Coyotes, 76-72. Mike Daum was South Dakota State’s leading scorer with 20 points on 7-for-15 shooting. South Dakota State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 25.1) and a free throw rate of 0.197 (below their season average of 0.278). South Dakota was 22.2 and 0.148, respectively, for those same stats.
The Mastodons hope to keep it rolling after beating the North Dakota State Bison in their last contest, 84-72. Fort Wayne’s John Konchar played a pivotal role with 16 points, eight rebounds and eight assists. Fort Wayne dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.3 (better than their season average of 14.7) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below their season average of 27.3). For those same stats, North Dakota State was 21.4 and 19.4, respectively.
Fort Wayne could put on a ball-control clinic in this meeting. Fort Wayne ranks 48th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while South Dakota State forces the seventh-fewest turnovers (15.0 percent). Moreover, the Jackrabbits rank 27th in effective field goal percentage (0.560), while the Mastodons rank 253rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.519).
Konchar has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Fort Wayne, averaging 19.6 points, 7.4 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 2.6 steals and 1.6 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Jackrabbits won 78-76. The Jackrabbits dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.191 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.8. The Mastodons put up marks of 0.081 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats. Despite the loss, Konchar was a top performer in the game with 23 points and nine rebounds.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. Fort Wayne Mastodons Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Under
- The Jackrabbits and Mastodons rank 12th in blocks allows per game (2.3).
- Fort Wayne ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (28.0) while South Dakota State ranks 244th in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- The Mastodons rank 10th in steals per game (8.5) while the Jackrabbits rank 194th (5.3).
- South Dakota State ranks 37th in rebounds per game (38.8) while Fort Wayne ranks 186th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- The Mastodons average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 6.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jackrabbits have scored an average of 81.2 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (4.3 below their season average).