A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (9-9, 2-1 Summit) when they welcome the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (12-7, 3-1 Summit) to Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Mastodons defeated the Western Illinois Leathernecks 77-69, while the Jackrabbits beat the Denver Pioneers 80-68.
South Dakota State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.393 (above their season average of 0.220) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.518 (below their season average of 0.536). For those same stats, Denver put up marks of 0.270 and 0.405, respectively. The Mastodons, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.075 vs. 0.042) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 29.6). Purdue Fort Wayne received a boost from Jarred Godfrey, who recorded 26 points and 13 rebounds. Douglas Wilson, meanwhile played a pivotal role for South Dakota State with 31 points and eight rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last game, the Jackrabbits won 92-83. South Dakota State’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Purdue Fort Wayne. The Jackrabbits had a rate of 0.186, while the Mastodons posted a mark of 0.068. This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
Purdue Fort Wayne may have difficulty getting to the foul line in this battle. The Mastodons rank 341st in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.151, while South Dakota State ranks 49th in FTA rate allowed (0.169). Furthermore, the elite offense of the Jackrabbits ranks 53rd in effective field goal percentage (0.535), while the Mastodons are 88th-worst in the country at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.508).
South Dakota State Jackrabbits at Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Over
- Purdue Fort Wayne averages 26.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 44th in the country. South Dakota State ranks 150th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- The Mastodons average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 86th in the country. The Jackrabbits rank 102nd in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Jackrabbits rank 40th in rebounds per game (39.6) while the Mastodons rank 129th (36.4).
- South Dakota State ranks 119th in assists per game (13.5) while Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 184th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Jackrabbits’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.8, up from 7.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mastodons have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (5.7 above their season average).