Expect a high-scoring game when the South Dakota Coyotes (19-8, 9-3 Summit) meet the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (13-12, 6-6 Summit) at Mabee Center. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
South Dakota Coyotes at Oral Roberts Golden Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Golden Eagles barely escaped the Omaha Mavericks 81-78, while the Coyotes were victorious over the Western Illinois Leathernecks 85-72.
South Dakota played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (above their season average of 20.8) and a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 13.8). Western Illinois was 18.2 and 13.0, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Oral Roberts’ free throw rate was their biggest strength over Omaha. The Golden Eagles had a rate of 0.205 (matching their season average), while the Mavericks posted a mark of 0.091 (below their season average of 0.202). Oral Roberts’ Kevin Obanor played well, putting up 24 points and 16 rebounds. Stanley Umude played a key role for South Dakota with 28 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Tyler Hagedorn led the Coyotes to a 91-80 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 31 points. South Dakota did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (25-29; 86.2 percent). Oral Roberts, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 18.5).
Oral Roberts could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense squares off against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Golden Eagles rank 29th in offensive efficiency, while South Dakota ranks 269th in defensive efficiency.
South Dakota at Oral Roberts Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – South Dakota, ATS Winner – South Dakota, O/U – Over
- Oral Roberts ranks 57th in rebounds per game (38.2) while South Dakota ranks 248th (32.7).
- The Coyotes rank 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Golden Eagles rank 130th (3.6).
- South Dakota averages 14.0 assists per game, which ranks 87th in the NCAA. Oral Roberts ranks 177th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- The Golden Eagles rank 77th in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while the Coyotes rank 238th (18.8).
- Oral Roberts ranks 121st in steals per game (6.3) while South Dakota ranks 228th (4.6).
- During their last five games, the Coyotes have scored an average of 89.4 points per game (9.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (2.8 below their season average).
- The Golden Eagles have been outscored by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Oral Roberts has defeated opponents by an average of 5.6 points.