The South Dakota Coyotes (8-11, 2-4 Summit) will be at the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center to meet the North Dakota Fighting Hawks (8-12, 2-5 Summit) in a Summit matchup. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
South Dakota Coyotes vs. North Dakota Fighting Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Fighting Hawks lost a winnable game to the North Dakota State Bison, 67-65, while the Coyotes fell to the Omaha Mavericks, 75-68.
South Dakota forced Omaha into a turnover percentage of 17.7 (above their season average of 13.5) while North Dakota had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 17.3). Marlon Stewart played well for North Dakota with 14 points and six rebounds. South Dakota received a boost from Stanley Umude, who put up 20 points.
The elite offense of North Dakota (81st in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage 0.538) will square off against the mid-tier defense of South Dakota (210th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.505). The Fighting Hawks should have the edge on that side of the ball.
South Dakota Coyotes at North Dakota Fighting Hawks ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – North Dakota, ATS Winner – North Dakota, O/U – Over
- North Dakota ranks 11th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while South Dakota ranks 131st (4.1).
- The Coyotes rank 50th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Fighting Hawks rank 70th (12.0).
- The Coyotes rank 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Fighting Hawks rank 141st (7.0).
- North Dakota ranks 220th in rebounds per game (34.0) while South Dakota ranks 268th (31.5).
- The Fighting Hawks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Coyotes have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (8.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (10.3 above their season average).