The South Dakota Coyotes (22-6, 9-2 Summit) will travel to Mabee Center to challenge the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (10-18, 4-7 Summit) in their home finale. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 146 points with South Dakota set as a 7-point favorite. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
South Dakota Coyotes at Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Betting Preview
The Coyotes had no trouble getting past the Peru State Bobcats in their last matchup, 98-55. Brandon Armstrong was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 9-for-11 shooting. South Dakota played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 14.5) and a free throw rate of 0.200 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Peru State was 22.7 and 0.097, respectively.
In the Golden Eagles last matchup, they were dismantled by the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 85-75. With 14 points, six assists and five rebounds, Oral Roberts Austin Ruder had a good game. South Dakota State did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (17-21; 81.0 percent). Oral Roberts, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 16.2).
The offense of Oral Roberts will clash against the elite defense of South Dakota. The Golden Eagles rank 195th in offensive efficiency, while the Coyotes are 58th in defensive efficiency. The Coyotes should have the advantage on that end of the court. Ball security should be an advantage for the Coyotes. They rank 34th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent). Conversely, the Golden Eagles force the 37th-fewest turnovers in the nation (opponents turnover percentage of 16.4 percent).
Of South Dakota’s 22 games that accepted bets, 12 have finished over the projected point total, while 14 of Oral Roberts 23 games have finished over the O/U total. The Coyotes come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 22-6 SU and 15-7 ATS, while the Golden Eagles are 10-18 SU and 11-12 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 152 points in that game, which was just over the projected point total of 148. The Coyotes won 82-70, covering as 10-point favorites. The Coyotes played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.429 and a turnover percentage of 18.9. For those same stats, the Golden Eagles were 0.107 and 22.2, respectively. Despite the loss, Sam Kearns had a stellar game with 18 points and nine assists.
South Dakota Coyotes vs. Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – South Dakota, ATS Winner – South Dakota, O/U – Over
- The Golden Eagles average 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 89th in the nation. The Coyotes rank 132nd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Oral Roberts ranks 217th in three pointers attempted per game (19.9) while South Dakota ranks 238th (19.3).
- South Dakota is 11-3 ATS on the road, while Oral Roberts is 6-2 ATS at home.
- The Coyotes have 7 overs, 6 unders and 1 push in 14 road games.
- Of the Golden Eagles 8 home games, they have 5 overs and 3 unders.
- South Dakota ranks 75th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while Oral Roberts ranks 253rd (16.5).
- The Coyotes rank 38th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Golden Eagles rank 141st (6.5).
- Oral Roberts averages 38.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 48th in the nation. South Dakota ranks 143rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.8).
- Oral Roberts is 1-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, South Dakota is 3-1 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.
- The Golden Eagles average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 5.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Coyotes have scored an average of 81.6 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average).