The Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (2-8) will be at home in Walkup Skydome when they go head-to-head against the South Dakota Coyotes (9-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 145.5 points with South Dakota opening as a 13-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 14, 2017.
South Dakota Coyotes vs. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks ATS Preview
In the Coyotes last contest, they edged the Eastern Washington Eagles, 75-73. Trey Burch-Manning was the games high scorer with 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting. The Coyotes made 17 of their 21 free throws (81.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.550).
The Lumberjacks are trying to rebound after their 79-51 loss to the San Diego Toreros in their last matchup. With 11 points, Northern Arizona’s Gino Littles had a solid performance. San Diego made 13 of their 32 three pointers (40.6 percent). Northern Arizona, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (24-29; 82.8 percent).
The inefficient offense of Northern Arizona will go head-to-head against the top-notch defense of South Dakota. The Lumberjacks rank 346th in offensive efficiency, while the Coyotes are 34th in defensive efficiency. The Coyotes figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Of South Dakota’s 8 games with betting action, four have finished over the projected point total, while 4 of Northern Arizona’s 7 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Coyotes have a clear advantage. They are 9-3 SU and 6-2 ATS, while the Lumberjacks are 2-8 SU and 3-4 ATS.
South Dakota Coyotes vs. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks Odds PredictionPredictions: SU Winner – South Dakota, ATS Winner – South Dakota, O/U – Over
- The Lumberjacks rank 218th in three pointers attempted per game (18.7) while the Coyotes rank 229th (18.3).
- South Dakota averages 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 56th in the NCAA. Northern Arizona ranks 240th in assists allowed per game (18.2).
- The Coyotes rank 18th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Lumberjacks rank 193rd (8.5).
- South Dakota ranks 105th in rebounds per game (37.3) while Northern Arizona ranks 231st (33.1).
- The Lumberjacks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, down from 16.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Coyotes have scored an average of 82.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (2.8 above their season average).,/