The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (21-8, 12-2 Summit) close out their home schedule at Frost Arena against the South Dakota Coyotes (19-10, 9-5 Summit). The game starts at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
South Dakota Coyotes vs. South Dakota State Jackrabbits Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Jackrabbits were victorious over the North Dakota Fighting Hawks, 94-83, while the Coyotes lost a winnable game to the North Dakota State Bison, 77-74.
South Dakota State played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 30.9) and a free throw rate of 0.321 (above their season average of 0.230). North Dakota was 21.4 and 0.211, respectively, for those same stats. South Dakota, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.526 vs. 0.481). South Dakota State received a boost from Douglas Wilson, who put up 31 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Tyler Peterson played a pivotal role for South Dakota with 18 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tyler Hagedorn led the Coyotes to a 99-84 victory. He recorded 24 points and six rebounds. South Dakota’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over South Dakota State. The Coyotes had a rate of 0.237, while the Jackrabbits posted a mark of 0.117.
The prolific offense of South Dakota State will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of South Dakota. The Jackrabbits currently rank 15th in offensive efficiency, while the Coyotes are 287th in defensive efficiency. The Jackrabbits figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. The Coyotes should be expected to protect the ball well. They rank 7th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.1 percent), while the Jackrabbits force the 20th-fewest turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 16.4 percent).
South Dakota Coyotes vs. South Dakota State Jackrabbits Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Under
- South Dakota State ranks 51st in rebounds per game (38.4) while South Dakota ranks 254th (32.9).
- The Jackrabbits rank 186th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while the Coyotes rank 247th (18.7).
- The Coyotes rank 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Jackrabbits rank 139th (6.6).
- South Dakota ranks 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while South Dakota State ranks 93rd (3.2).
- During their last five games, the Coyotes have scored an average of 85.4 points per game (5.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (2.9 below their season average).
- The Jackrabbits’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.2, up from 8.2 for the season.